Thursday, May 03, 2018

That feeling of excitement

Peter Sacks: Report from the Besieged City 1 
I have been bumbling along, doing this and that, not having anything to write about, just moving forward day by day.  Not exactly doldrums, but not far off.  And then, just checking my list of galleries to try to propel myself out of this almost-stasis, I encountered excitement.
Peter Sacks: Outpost 2
The Marlborough Gallery in London is having an exhibition by Peter Sacks: MigrationsHis website is full of more inspiration for me, I hope, as I wander and read therein.
Peter Sacks: Aftermath 5
I have barely scratched the surface: this is me just bursting with enthusiasm.
Peter Sacks: Road to the Interior 5
All images in this post from Peter Sacks' website.

5 comments:

  1. These are stunning, Olga. I hope to get to London before May 19th ( things are so uncertain at the moment, I cannot plan anything) and will add this exhibition to my list of galleries to visit. One of the main exhibitions I want to see is Surface Work at Victoria Miro which is about women abstract painters. Peter Sacks' work will be a good addition to that day's viewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eirene, I am delighted that you might see the exhibition. I am looking forward to reading the reviews and examining the pictures on the website more closely.

      Delete
  2. Thank for the link, they're fabulous. I'll definately try to fit in a visit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mags, I'm glad you like them. I thought of your work when I saw them first. I hope that you do get to the gallery.

      Delete
    2. I went last Wednesday and have just written blog post. It was fantastic seeing them in the flesh, you can really appreciate the details and the layering. Thanks once again for flagging it up

      Delete